Next time you’re planning a home delivery of seafood, why not consider a seafood pasta recipe?
Seafood and pasta were made for each other. Pasta is always quick and simple to prepare, while seafood makes the ideal accompaniment, thanks to its nutritional value and fresh taste. Our recipe for shrimp primavera is the winning combination for a tasty, nutritious meal bursting with flavour and texture.
It’s packed with juicy, flavoursome shrimps, which are a great source of protein and offer a range of vitamins and minerals. They are particularly rich in vitamin B12, which promotes a healthy nervous system, and the mineral selenium, which can help protect against cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and depression.
The word “primavera” means “spring” in Italian. It refers to the vegetables used in this recipe, which give an extra dose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
If you’re looking for a simple but impressive seafood pasta recipe, you’ll find this one ticks all the boxes!
Enjoy the fresh taste of shrimps in this recipe combined with a delicious array of herbs and vegetables to really draw out their flavour. As its name suggests, this dish makes the perfect choice for the spring or summer months.
- 225 grams 225 rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 green capsicum
- 200 grams mushroom
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 kilogram large prawns (peeled and deveined)
- Add the rigatoni pasta to a large pan of slightly salted boiling water. Stir the pasta every now and then until it is cooked (around 10-13 minutes). Then drain.
- Heat the vegetable oil and fry the onions and garlic until the onion is soft. Add in the zucchini, squash, capsicum and mushrooms. Stir the vegetables continuously until they are tender. Add the tomatoes to the mixture and season with salt, pepper, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes.
- If your shrimps are raw, cook them in the vegetable mixture until they are pink and the flesh is opaque, which should take around 5 minutes. If they are pre-cooked, you will just need to warm them – take care not to overheat them.
- Serve the shrimp and vegetable mixture over the rigatoni pasta.
Fresh seafood delivery in Melbourne
If you’re looking to buy seafood online in the Melbourne area for our shrimp primavera or any other seafood pasta recipe, then take a look at our shop.
We stock a wide range of seafood products online, prizing our service on knowledge, experience and quality.
Contact us to know more about Planet Seafood’s fresh seafood delivery service in Melbourne to make whipping up delicious seafood recipes as simple as it gets.