If you’re wondering how to incorporate mussels into a tasty recipe, why not have a go at preparing a traditional paella? Paella is Spain’s national dish, and it is a great opportunity to make the most of mussels, combining them with prawns, chicken and vegetables in our recipe. To make life easy, a home delivery of seafood will supply many of the ingredients you need for this show-stopping meal.
It’s a dish loved all over the world for its use of fresh seafood and vegetables, to which you can add meat if you wish. The rice content makes it satisfying. It’s made even more appealing by the vibrant yellow tones, thanks to the use of saffron (you can use turmeric if saffron isn’t available).
Mussels are one of the key ingredients in a traditional paella recipe using seafood. They are positively bursting with vitamin B12 and other B vitamins. These vitamins play an important part in helping your body to produce energy and red blood cells and keeping the immune system on top form.
What’s also good to know is that mussels are among the most sustainable seafoods, with plenty of natural reserves.
So don’t delay – dive into a tasty seafood paella full of flavour and nutrition.
This delicious recipe works well with a crisp green salad and a fresh baguette. Serve with a traditional Spanish wine like Rioja and savour the taste of this wonderful country.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 125 grams chorizo sausage (chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 375 grams Arborio rice
- 1.25 litres chicken stock
- 125 ml white wine
- 1 pinch saffron ((use turmeric otherwise))
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 100 grams frozens peas
- 12 prawns (medium to large size)
- 500 grams mussels
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 lemon (Lemon wedges to garnish)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a paella pan or large pan and add the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook for a few minutes before adding the chicken and rice. Cook for around 3 minutes.
- Add ½ of the stock, the wine, thyme leaves and saffron. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If the rice is uncooked at this stage, stir in 1/3 of the rest of the stock. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the peas and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mussels and prawns on top of the dish and cover with foil. Leave for 3 to 5 minutes to heat through.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Buy seafood online in Melbourne
Make the most of fresh seafood delivery in Melbourne by ordering mussels and prawns for this delicious paella recipe.
You can find many other delicious products with Planet Seafood’s fresh seafood delivery service in Melbourne. To know more about seafood delivery in the Melbourne area, reach out to us.Word count: 527/500The text has been certified100% original by CopyscapeMark as publishedEditDownload