If you’re a seafood fan, you’ll love our seafood laksa recipe. This spicy noodle soup combines tasty seafood with the fresh flavours of herbs and coconut milk and an invigorating chilli kick.
The term “laksa” refers to any number of noodle soups that have their origins in Southeast Asia. They are usually created with chicken or fish, are cheap and easy to make, and are packed full of flavour and nutritional value too.
Our recipe uses prawns, which are rich in zinc for a healthy immune system; scallops, bursting with vitamin B12, which has an important role in keeping the nervous system healthy; and mussels. As well as offering an impressive range of vitamins and minerals, mussels are said to contain gastro enzymes that can soothe an irritated stomach, and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which can help protect the body from damage and premature ageing.
Next time you think about getting a home delivery of seafood, consider making this simple but special seafood laksa recipe.
This recipe is brimming with exciting flavours and is good for you! Enjoy it as a light meal or as a starter to complement other seafood dishes.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 bunch spring onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 200 grams laksa paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock (or fish stock)
- 250 grams rice noodles
- 1 kg mix of prawns, scallops and mussels
- Basil leaves, chopped chilli and lime wedges (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the spring onions and cook for around 3 minutes until they are soft. Add the coriander and the caster sugar and cook for another minute. Stir in the laksa paste and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add the stock, coconut milk and 3 cups of water. Bring to simmering point and cook gently for a further 10 minutes.
- While you are waiting, put the noodles in a bowl and immerse in boiling water. Let rest for 2 minutes. Add the seafood mix to the broth you made in step 1, cover, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the noodles and split them between 4 serving bowls. Ladle the laksa into the bowls and garnish with the basil leaves, chilli and a few mussels on top. Serve with the lime wedges.
Buy seafood online in Melbourne
Now you’ve seen how simple our tasty seafood laksa recipe is, you’ll be tempted to make it for yourself.
Sourcing the ingredients is easy with Planet Seafood’s fresh seafood delivery service in Melbourne. We offer quality products to our valued customers in just a few clicks.
Contact us to know more about having seafood delivered straight to your door by a service based on experience, knowledge and a passion for quality.