Salmon is an old favourite, but that doesn’t mean it has to be predictable! As well as being loved by all the family, salmon is a great choice nutritionally with its high vitamin and mineral content. It’s especially high in omega-3 fatty acids, which is known to help lower the risk of heart disease, some types of cancer and dementia
Let’s take a look at three salmon recipe ideas to take your family meals to the next level.
Draw out the delicate flavour of salmon with enticing citrusy flavours.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Prepare your baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place salmon in the baking dish.
- Mix the citrus juices, butter, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper together and pour over the salmon.
- Bake until you can flake the fish with a fork, around 15 minutes.
Salmon cakes make a great mid-week dinner served with salad and fries or boiled potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, egg, spring onions, olive oil and half of the breadcrumbs, and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 8 patties. Coat them with the remaining breadcrumbs and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. Serve when golden brown.
A hearty, healthy dish that the entire family will enjoy.
- Cook the spinach and drain. Cook the salmon in a small amount of butter on medium heat for 10 minutes. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the eggs, add the creme fraiche and mix together. Grate the cheese into the mixture, then add the flaked salmon and chopped spinach. Put to one side.
- Roll out enough pastry to line a buttered pie dish. Pour the salmon mixture into the dish and bake for 25 minutes.
Buy seafood online in Melbourne
Make sure salmon is in your next home delivery of seafood so you can try these easy recipes.
And you’ll find plenty more delicious seafood products with Planet Seafood’s fresh seafood delivery service in Melbourne.
Find out about our seafood delivery in the Melbourne area by reaching out to us.