- 1 Knife
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 bag black mussels - well scrubbed*
- 4 Slices of thick crusty italian bread
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 1 Medium red onion chopped
- 3 Large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 Can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Fresh tomato chopped
- 10 Black kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable stock
- 1 Birds eye chilli (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Brush both sides of bread slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Heat fry pan overmedium-high heat and cook bread, turning once, 3 minutes or until golden brown.Remove bread and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan. Cook onions and chilli for 4 minutes or untilonion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cupparsley, spring onion, chopped fresh tomatoes, olives, oregano and bring just to a boil,stirring for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in mussels. Add a splash of white wine.
- Simmer covered 10 minutes or until mussels open (discard any unopened shells},stir in diced canned tomatoes and simmer covered for another 1 minute.
- Evenly arrange crusty bread in serving bowls,then top with mussel mixture and sprinkle with parsley. ENJOY!