No Christmas feast would be complete without prawns at the table. This simple, lively recipe mixes up the flavours and adds a different vibe to your meal.
- 1/4 cup canola or peanut or vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 1-2 long red chillies (sliced thinly)
- 1 kg Australian prawns (peeled and deveined, tails intact)
- 1 cup coriander (packed loosely, plus extra to serve)
- salt and pepper
- lime slices for serving
- Preheat large wok or skillet.
- Add oil and garlic. Saute until light golden (20-25 seconds).
- Add chillies and cook another 10-20 seconds
- Add prawns. Toss or stir gently to combine ingredients in pan.
- Salt and pepper lightly and continue to cook until prawns are opaque (2-3 minutes).
- Add Coriander, stir gently for 10 seconds or until wilted.
- Serve immediately with lime slices and extra Coriander.
Serve with rice, bread, or your favourite vegetables on the side.