Beer Battered Flat Head Fillets | Fish & Chips
- measuring cup
- 6 Flathead Fillets
- 1 Litre Frying Oil
- 1.5 Cups Self Raising Flour
- .5 Cup Plain Flour
- .5 Bottle Beer
- Sea Salt Flake
- Lemon Wedges
- Tartare Sauce
- Salad and chips to serve
- Run your hands along the pieces of flat head fillets to make sure no bones arein the fish (remove if you find any).
- For the beer batter, combine all the flour with the beer, stir to a thick batter. Don't mixthe batter too much. A few lumps are fine. Rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat oil to 180C.
- Lightly dust the flathead pieces in the dusting flour and dip the fish into the batter(shake off any excess batter).
- Fry the fish for about 4 minutes until the batter is golden.Drain on a wire rack and season with salt.
- Serve with chips, simple salad, tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon. ENJOY!