This is one of our favourite trout recipes. It’s so simple and full of flavour that you will want to make it for a regular weekday meal. Serve with plain rice and a salad for a really healthy dish with a high nutrition content.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 whole rainbow trout (cleaned and gutted)
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ large onion (chopped)
- 2 slices lemon
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Finely coat a baking dish with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Place the trout in the dish and pour over the remaining oil. Season the fish inside and out with the dried herbs and salt. Stuff each of the fish with onion, season with black pepper and place a lemon slice on each one.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then add the hot water. Continue to bake for around another 10 minutes or until the fish meat flakes easily.