This recipe is brimming with exciting flavours and is good for you! Enjoy it as a light meal or as a starter to complement other seafood dishes.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 bunch spring onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 200 grams laksa paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock (or fish stock)
- 250 grams rice noodles
- 1 kg mix of prawns, scallops and mussels
- Basil leaves, chopped chilli and lime wedges (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the spring onions and cook for around 3 minutes until they are soft. Add the coriander and the caster sugar and cook for another minute. Stir in the laksa paste and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add the stock, coconut milk and 3 cups of water. Bring to simmering point and cook gently for a further 10 minutes.
- While you are waiting, put the noodles in a bowl and immerse in boiling water. Let rest for 2 minutes. Add the seafood mix to the broth you made in step 1, cover, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the noodles and split them between 4 serving bowls. Ladle the laksa into the bowls and garnish with the basil leaves, chilli and a few mussels on top. Serve with the lime wedges.