You will be amazed at how quick and easy this restaurant-grade recipe is to make. Simply prepare your lobster and cook carefully for a few minutes. The result? Juicy lobster tails that are both tasty and nutritious.
- 2 lobster tails
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic power
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place your lobster tails in an ovenproof dish.
- With a knife or a pair of sharp kitchen scissors, slice the top of the lobster tail shell right to the tip of the tail, taking care not to cut the meat. Remove the veins and any grit.
- Arrange the shell so that the meat appears to sit on top of the shell and open it up.
- Combine the spices in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the lobster with the spice mixture.
- Dot the lobster tail with butter.
- Place the prepared lobster in the oven on the middle rack.
- Cook until the meat is opaque and white, which will take around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately with the melted butter, lemon wedges and salad.
- The last thing you want to do is to overcook your lobster, so keep a close eye on it as it cooks.
- You will know when it is cooked as it will turn from grey and translucent through to white, pink and opaque.
- This recipe is great to serve as a celebratory meal. A glass or two of Champagne or other sparkling wine will provide the perfect accompaniment.
- You can make your lobster a main course by adding a crunchy green salad and some fresh, crusty bread.
- It also works well as a starter served simply with salad garnish and lemon wedges.