Scallops and mangos are both common in Australia. Why not put them together for the perfect Christmas feast? This simple recipe infuses some mango and red pepper, adding a sweet and spicy flavour to your delicate scallops.
- 750 g Tasmanian scallops
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice ((unsweetened))
- 1/4 cup Emelia’s Thai Ginger Mango Chutney
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Fresh basil (torn)
- Dry scallops by patting with a paper towel.
- Using a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops to pan and cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until firm and a nice golden brown colour. Remove scallops from pan.
- Put onion in skillet; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and pepper flakes to the skillet; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add pineapple juice to the pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until juice is reduced by half. Stir in the mango chutney.
- Return scallops to skillet and gently coat them with sauce. Heat through.
- Serve with cooked rice; sprinkle with cilantro.